Match Details: 21/09/2013
Yeovil Town 0-1 Queens Park Rangers
Football League Championship
Yeovil Line-Up: 2. Luke Ayling, 3. Jamie McAllister, 4. Joe Edwards, 6. Dan Seaborne, 8. Ed Upson, 19. Joe Ralls, 20. Liam Fontaine, 21. Liam Davis, 23. Joel Grant, 27. Wayne Hennessey, 28. Andy Williams
Subs: 7. Kevin Dawson, 9. James Hayter, 10. Sam Foley, 11. Michael Ngoo, 14. Sam Hoskins, 24. Chris Dunn, 26. Seth Nana Omuri-Twumasi,
Substitutes Used: Kevin Dawson for Liam Fontaine (37 mins), James Hayter for Joel Grant (79 mins), Michael Ngoo for Andy Williams (79 mins)
Bookings: Joe Ralls (Foul, 30), Ed Upson (Foul, 88)
Yeovil Town went down to a single goal defeat this afternoon, as a second half penalty saw them lose out by a single goal for the second match running. A Charlie Austin spot kick was converted after referee Gavin Ward judged that Dan Seaborne had fouled him in the box. That was rough justice on the Glovers who had persistent tested QPR keeper Rob Green throughout the match, with the England international in fine form throughout the 90 minutes, saving good efforts from Joe Ralls, Joel Grant and Andy Williams that gave him a clean sheet. The West Londoners ended up winning the match with their only on target shot in the entire 90 minutes.
Final Score: Yeovil Town 0 Queens Park Rangers 1.
Scorers: Charlie Austin (0-1, 75 mins)
Yeovil Town (4-5-1):
27. Wayne Hennessy
2. Luke Ayling 20. Liam Fontaine 6. Dan Seabourne 3. Jamie McAllister (Capt)
23. Joel Grant 8. Ed Upson 4. Joe Edwards 19. Joe Ralls 21. Liam Davis
28. Andy Williams
24. Chris Dunn, 10. Sam Foley, 7. Kevin Dawson (37 mins Liam Fontaine) 11. Michael Ngoo (79 mins for Andy Williams) 14. Sam Hoskins 9. James Hayter (79 mins for Joel Grant) 26. Seth Nana Omuri-Twumasi
Queens Park Rangers:
1. Robert Green 2. Danny Simpson 5. Richard Dunne 6. Clint Hill 39. Benoit Assou-Ekotto 36. Gary O'Neil 16. Jermaine Jenas 10. Tom Carroll 7. Matt Phillips 9. Charlie Austin 3. Armand Traore
11. Shaun Wright-Phillips (60 mins for Armand Traore) 17. Joey Barton (77 mins for Gary O'Neil) 19. Niko Kranjcar (69 mins for Matt Phillips) 20. Karl Henry 26. Brian Murphy 28. Max Ehmer 32. Alejandro Faurlin
Yeovil Bookings: Joe Ralls (30 mins, foul), Ed Upson (88 mins, foul).
QPR Bookings: Charlie Austin (33 mins, foul).
Yeovil Match Statistics: Possession: 51%; Shots: 13; Shots On Target: 7; Corners: 6; Fouls: 16.
QPR Match Statistics: Possession: 49%; Shots: 6; Shots On Target: 0; Corners: 4; Fouls: 10.
(NOTE: Press Association statistics are notorious for not including penalties as on target shots.)
Referee: Gavin Ward (Surrey). Assistants: Simon Knapp (Bristol) and Adrian Tranter (Dorset). Fourth Official: Adam Nunn (Wiltshire).
Attendance: 9,108 (including 2,105 QPR supporters).