Match Details: 19/05/2013
Brentford 1-2 Yeovil Town
League One Play-Off Final
Yeovil Goals: Paddy Madden (6), Daniel Burn (42)
Yeovil Line-Up: 1. Marek Stech, 2. Luke Ayling, 3. Jamie McAllister, 5. Byron Webster, 8. Ed Upson, 9. James Hayter, 14. Sam Foley, 17. Paddy Madden, 18. Daniel Burn, 20. Joe Edwards, 22. Kevin Dawson,
Subs: 4. Richard Hinds, 10. Gavin Williams, 12. Gareth Stewart, 13. Vitalijs Maksimenko, 15. Lewis Young, 26. Matthew Dolan, 29. Angelo Balanta
Substitutes Used: Vitalijs Maksimenko for Jamie McAllister (77 mins), Matthew Dolan for James Hayter (88 mins)
Bookings: Ed Upson (Foul, 70), Kevin Dawson (Dissent, 75), Gavin Williams (Ungentlemanly Conduct, 90)
Yeovil Town secured their route into the Championship division this afternoon, thanks to a 2-1 win over Brentford at Wembley Stadium in the League One play-off final. Top scorer Paddy Madden did the business with a superb sixth minute strike into the top left hand corner, and that was added to by Fulham loanee Daniel Burn's header just before the break that the Bees failed to clear off their own goalline. The West Londoners hit back after the break with a Harlee Dean header, and as they put pressure on for an equaliser, Glovers keeper Marek Stech put in a Man of the Match performance to keep the single goal advantage. That allowed the Glovers to steer their way into the second tier for the first time in the club's history, and set up an eye-watering set of opponents for the 2013-14 season.
Final Score: Yeovil Town 2 Brentford 1.
Scorers: Paddy Madden (1-0, 6 mins), Daniel Burn (2-0, 42 mins), Harlee Dean (2-1, 51 mins).
Yeovil Town: (4-4-2)
1. Marek Stech
2. Luke Ayling 5. Byron Webster 18. Dan Burn 3. Jamie McAllister (Capt)
22. Kevin Dawson 20. Joe Edwards 8. Ed Upson 14. Sam Foley
9. James Hayter 17. Paddy Madden
12. Gareth Stewart 4. Richard Hinds 10. Gavin Williams 13. Vitalijs Maksimenko (77 mins for Jamie McAllister) 15. Lewis Young 26. Matthew Dolan (88 mins for James Hayter) 29. Angelo Balanta
21. Simon Moore
14. Shaleum Logan 5. Tony Craig 6. Harlee Dean 24. Jake Bidwell
4. Adam Forshaw 12. Tom Adeyemi 20. Toumani Diagouraga
9. Clayton Donaldson 19. Harry Forrester 11. Marcello Trotta
16. Antoine Gounet 2. Kevin O'Connor 7. Sam Saunders (67 mins for Harry Forrester) 17. Bradley Wright-Phillips (62 mins for Marcello Trotta) 18. Lee Hodson 8. Jonathan Douglas 23. Paul Hayes (82 mins for Toumani Diagouraga)
Yeovil Bookings: Edward Upson (70 mins, foul), Kevin Dawson (75 mins, dissent), Gavin Williams (90 mins, kicking ball away)
Brentford Bookings: None.
Yeovil Match Statistics: Possession: 52%; Shots: 4; Shots On Target: 3; Corners: 3; Fouls: 12.
Brentford Match Statistics: Possession: 48%; Shots: 13; Shots On Target: 6; Corners: 6; Fouls: 14.
Referee: Andy D'Urso (Essex). Assistants: Derek Eaton (Gloucestershire) and Alan Young (Cambridgeshire). Fourth Official: Graham Scott (Oxfordshire). Reserve Assistant Referee: John Hopkins (Essex).
Attendance: 41,955 (including over 17,000 Yeovil Town supporters).