July 1st is the date in the footballing calendar that represents the starting point for 2018-19 contracts. Outgoing players formally leave the club payroll, whilst incoming signings are now formally contracted to the club. This provides an opportunity to see where Yeovil Town lie, with four players having come into the club since the end of last season, but with a number of players having left the building.
A summary of the comings and goings so far is as follows:
1. Diallang Jaiyesimi (winger, Norwich City, season-long loan)
2. Carl Dickinson (left-back, Notts County, two year contract)
3. Nathan Baxter (goalkeeper, Chelsea, season-long loan)
4. Gary Warren (central defender, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, two year contract)
1. Artur Krysiak (goalkeeper)
2. Nathan Smith (left-back/centre-back)
3. Ryan Dickson (left-back)
4. Daniel Alfei (right-back)
5. Oscar Gobern (midfield, Eastleigh)
6. Jonny Maddison (goalkeeper, Darlington)
7. Otis Khan (winger, Mansfield Town)
8. Jared Bird (midfield, Barnsley loanee)
9. Sam Surridge (striker, AFC Bournemouth loanee)
10. Marcus Barnes (striker, Southampton loanee)
11. Ryan Seager (striker, Southampton loanee)
12. Corey Whelan (right-back, Liverpool loanee)
13. Lewis Wing (midfield, Middlesbrough loanee)
Omar Sowunmi (central defender, out of contract).
In the case of Sowunmi, he is at present not contracted to Yeovil Town Football Club, although the club will have held onto his playing registration, in the absence of him signing a new contract. He has the option to move to another club, of his own free will, but that club will have to either agree a training and compensation fee with Yeovil Town, or accept the outcome of a Football League Tribunal that will base their fee on his three years at Huish Park, and his development as a player during that time.
His presence at the club's pre-season training does not offer any reliable clues. For the last two players that fell into the same category as Sowunmi, in falling out of contract at the club whilst being aged Under-24, Luke Ayling chose not to attend the club's pre-season training sessions, whilst Craig Alcock did attend. Both players left the club during early July, to Bristol City and Peterborough United respectively.
Positionally speaking, and using each player's favoured position, the club have the following sixteen players under contract for the 2018-19 season, made up of fourteen permanently contracted players, and two loan contracts:
Goalkeepers: Stuart Nelson, Nathan Baxter (loan)
Right-Backs: Bevis Mugabi, Tom James,
Centre-Backs: Shaun Donnellan, Gary Warren
Left-Backs: Carl Dickinson
Midfielders: Connor Smith, Jake Gray, James Bailey, Alefe Santos
Wingers: Jordan Green, Rhys Browne, Diallang Jaiyesimi (loan)
Strikers: Alex Fisher, Francois Zoko
The club have until 5.00p.m. on August 9th 2018 to make any permanent signings, whilst the loan transfer window will close on August 31st 2018. This is a rule change brought in for this season, that will mean clubs will need to complete transfers earlier, although will not apply to players that are free agents on August 9th.
Link: 2018-19 Football League and Other Key Dates.
Link: 2018-19 First Team Fixture List.
Comment on this News Item on Facebook
or Go back to Top of Page