Yeovil Town have confirmed the list of Academy players who have been given scholarships for the next two years at the club. The players largely fit into the 16-18 year old category of footballers, who will take part in a two year scholarship programme that combines the development of their football careers, combined with a two year BTEC course, usually undertaken at Yeovil College.
The seven players who have been given scholarships, commencing on July 2nd are as follows:
1. Goalkeeper Kacper Kowalczyk (aged 16) - formerly of Chelsea and Queen's Park Rangers academies
2. Defender Declan Rose (aged 16)
3. Defender Tai Fleming (aged 15) - formerly of Norwich City's academy
4. Defender/midfielder George Calverley (aged 16) - from Beaminster, representing the club at Under-16 level last season
5. Midfielder Tyrique Spencer-Clarke (aged 17) - joined the club last season but was part of AFC Wimbledon's academy
6. Striker Devon Arnold (aged 16) - from Wiltshire - had been a regular at Under-16 level last season
7. Striker Archie Sturdy (aged 16) - signed for Yeovil at Under-14 level from FC Bridgwater
The seven players will take part in fixtures for Yeovil Town Under-18s during the two year period, joining last year's scholars who will now move onto their Second Year of their BTEC courses and Academy development. Our current understanding is that the list of Second Year Scholars for 2018-19 season comprises of:
Tommy Scott (goalkeeper), Daniel Ojo (left-back), Tom Hayes (centre-back), Nestor Shako (winger), Hong Wan (midfield), Alex John (midfield), Harry Haughton (midfield), Lewis Dix (midfield/utility), Gabriel Rogers (attacking midfield), Neville Nzembela (striker).
The club have also formally confirmed that all of this season's Second Year Scholars are to be released from the club, and are thus free to find new clubs to play for. These are Bradley Cherrett, Charlie Fripp, Jeremiah Gyebi, Jack Hilton-Jones, Jack Rice-Lethaby, Joe Tomlinson and Paulius Golubickas. Meanwhile former Under-16 goalkeeper Chandler Hallett signed a scholarship agreement with Colchester United.
The very best of luck to all new Scholars, and to those scholars who are leaving the club.
Comment on this News Item on Facebook
or Go back to Top of Page