Yeovil Town found one of their former loan players coming back to haunt them tonight, as a single goal sunk them to their eighth home defeat of the season. Manchester City striker Jordy Hiwula struck the only goal for Walsall in the 32nd minute of a one-sided first half as he was allowed space to break through the centre of the Glovers defence for what would prove to be the winner. Both teams could have found the net via penalties, but found two goalkeepers in fine form throughout the night. Tom Bradshaw saw his saved by Rotherham United loanee Scott Loach whilst the game was goalless, whilst Adam Morgan found his attempt saved by Richard O'Donnell that could have given the Glovers a point late on, but the defeat keeps them six points adrift with now just 12 games remaining to save their season.
Full report to follow later ...
Link: 2014-15 Latest League One Table.
Final Score: Yeovil Town 0 Walsall 1.
Scorers: Jordy Hiwula (0-1, 32 mins)
21. Scott Loach
13. Kieffer Moore 27. Byron Webster 35. Stephen Kingsley
32. Liam Shephard 11. Sam Foley 8. James Berrett 30. Josh Sheehan 19. Liam Davis
25. Gozie Ugwu 9. James Hayter
22. Gareth Stewart 14. Sam Hoskins 15. Seth Nana Twumasi 16. Nathan Ralph (11 mins for Stephen Kingsley) 17. Joel Grant (58 mins for Nathan Ralph) 24. Craig Eastmond 31. Adam Morgan (58 mins for James Hayter)
1. Richard O'Donnell
2. Ben Purkiss 6. Paul Downing 15. James Chambers 3. Andy Taylor
7. Adam Chambers 17. Reece Flanagan 11. James Baxendale 10. Romaine Sawyers
30. Jordy Hiwula 9. Tom Bradshaw
4. James O'Connor 12. Michael Cain (89 mins for Reece Flanagan) 13. Craig MacGillivray 16. Matt Preston 20. Amadou Bakayoko 22. Liam Kinsella 24. Ashley Grimes (78 mins for James Baxendale)
Yeovil Bookings: Liam Davis (45 mins, foul), Josh Sheehan (foul, 70 mins), Kieffer Moore (foul, 75 mins)
Walsall Bookings: Paul Downing (60 mins, foul), Ben Purkiss (foul, 71 mins), James Baxendale (diving, 76 mins)
Yeovil Match Statistics: Possession: 58%; Shots: 8; Shots On Target: 7; Corners: 11; Fouls: 8.
Scunthorpe Match Statistics: Possession: 42%; Shots: 19; Shots On Target: 7; Corners: 8; Fouls: 13.
Referee: Charles Breakspear (Surrey). Assistant Referees: Andrew Bennett (Devon) and Colin Lymer (Hampshire). Fourth Official: Mark Derrien (Dorset).
Attendance: 3,668 (with 149 Walsall supporters).
Comment on this News Item on Facebook
or Go back to Top of Page