Yeovil Town on seven wins in a row. Their opponents Scunthorpe United on three wins in a row. So what would you do if you were managers Gary Johnson and Brian Laws? You of course select an unchanged team, and that's what both of them have done. Scunthorpe did have some pre-match doubts about a foot injury to Tom Newey but he has passed his fitness test. They make just one change to their bench, with Jamie Wootton replacing Matt Godden.
For the Glovers, goalkeeper Marek Stech is now a proud father, and so has had no pre-match worries, taking his place in goal. Thus they are unchanged as they aim to set a new club Football League record of eight League games in a row. They also have a chance of getting into the play-offs, which they will do so if they pick up a draw, as Brentford are in FA Cup action this afternoon. However, a win would see them leap into fourth, whilst an (admittably improbable) set of scorelines could feasibly take them as high as second by 5.00p.m. tonight.
The line-up for this afternoon is as follows:
Yeovil Town: (4-4-2)
1. Marek Stech
2. Luke Ayling 5. Byron Webster 18. Daniel Burn 3. Jamie McAllister
22. Kevin Dawson 8. Ed Upson 20. Joe Edwards 14. Sam Foley
9. James Hayter 17. Paddy Madden
12. Gareth Stewart 4. Richard Hinds 6. Dominic Blizzard 7. Kwesi Appiah 10. Gavin Williams 15. Lewis Young 16. Nathan Ralph
1. Sam Slocombe
21. Tom Newey 6. Paul Reid 15. Niall Canavan 3. Callum Kennedy
16. Mark Duffy 4. Josh Walker 19. Michael Collins 7. Jimmy Ryan
9. Akpo Sodje 22. Karl Hawley
13. James Severn 5. David Mirfin 10. Mike Grella 11. Andy Barcham 18. Eddie Nolan 24. Jamie Wootton 28. Hakeeb Adelakun
Comment on this News Item on Facebook
or Go back to Top of Page