The long wait to find out which Yeovil Town players will be offered new deals looks set to carry on for a few more days. Manager Terry Skiverton has said in today's Western Daily Press that although he has had his wish list rubber-stamped by the Glovers board, that the players will only receive their offers after his players have returned from Saturday's trip to play Carlisle United.
The original plan had been for decisions to be made public as soon as the Glovers were "mathematically safe" - an event that was confirmed on Easter Monday when an away draw at Peterborough United. However, it now seems inevitable that the offers are now only going to be put on the table once the season is completed - a policy that has generally been in place since the Glovers got into League One.
Speaking to the WDP, Skiverton described the situation as a bit of a monkey on his back, but said that most players would probably intuitively know whether they were likely to get an offer from the club or not:
"We had to make sure of where we were, and I think people have half an inkling of if they do or do not know. It is a case of us moving forward and getting them out there. It has been a little bit of a monkey on my back where everywhere I go now people are asking: 'Are we keeping him, him or him?'. Everybody will know by the end of the weekend."
Skiverton also reiterates his position he stated last Thursday that he will not be filling the side that takes to the field at Brunton Park with fringe players, indicating that he will stick with his strongest available team for the final match of the 2010-11 season.
Comment on this News Item on Facebook
or Go back to Top of Page