16/05/2018 : Supporters Alliance Group : Supporter Alliance Meeting : Wednesday 16th May 2018
16 May 2018 : Supporter Alliance Meeting : Wednesday 16th May 2018
Supporter Alliance Meeting Minutes
Wednesday 16th May 2018 11am


Present

Rich Rendell - Chairman
Glovers Trust - Stuart Burrell and Rod Jones
DSA - Sharon Swain
Community Trust - Sara Bradley
Bridport Glovers - Tom Burt
Cary Glovers - Rob Newport
YTFC Press Officer - Alex O'Loughlin
Supporter Director - David Mills
Club Secretary - Kirstie Baker
YTFC - Shaun Jowett College placement (observing)

Apologies

Junior Glovers - Marilyn Cottle
G&Ws - Paul Hadlow

Opening comments by the Alliance Chairman

RR welcomed all, especially Rod Jones (Vice-Chairman Glovers Trust). Congratulations were noted for Sharon Swain in respect of her becoming Chairperson of the DSA.

Apologies

Apologies sent by Marilyn Cottle (Junior Glovers) and Paul Hadlow (G&Ws).

Approval of minutes and matters arising

Previous minutes approved.

It was agreed that as the group was now to meet monthly draft minutes of each meeting would be circulated 2 weeks before the next meeting. The minutes will then be approved in the next meeting. Once the minutes have been approved they will be immediately published. If changes are required, the time of publication will be agreed in the meeting and announced immediately.

Matchday Programme

AL explained that the EFL are holding a vote with clubs to establish if the programme should remain mandatory.

AL asked the groups to ask their supporters for feedback on the content of the programme as social media etc gives information instantly therefore should the content of the programme change.

AL will use this feedback when attending the EFL AGM.

All were glad that the Club will carry on with the programme as it is something the fans want and understand the change and need to be profitable. Some suggestions were:

➢ Look into buying patterns (age group, interests) and tailor accordingly.
➢ Have squad details inside the programme but leave spaces on the back for supporters to write who the squad is.
➢ Have more content on history from both Clubs.
➢ Include a legends profile and invite the legend of that programme in on a match day. The digital archive project can be used.

It was agreed that AL would seek fans views via club media, but also that all Alliance member groups would seek the thoughts on their members and feed back to the next Alliance meeting.

Stadium maintenance update

JH could not attend to give an update at the meeting. He has since provided the following update:

➢ Floodlight works now complete and currently waiting for retest of LUX level.
➢ Electrical works in tea bars are underway. JH has submitted a Football Foundation Application in an attempt to get a funding contribution toward the works.
➢ Progress now being made with emergency lighting test within the stadium.
➢ General seat repairs and general maintenance in preparation for the concert.
➢ Following the concert, we will be carrying out a deep clean of the stadium and would welcome any assistance from supporters willing to help.

Volunteers to help club over the summer

The Club is seeking volunteers to assist with the overall cleaning of the stadium and painting of the steps. This will need to be done after the summer concerts. This will be communicated to the groups and via the YTFC Website. Groups asked to support this and assist with obtaining volunteers.

It was mentioned that any volunteers should be looked after and acknowledged by the club.

EFL Supporter engagement regulations

At the start of the 2016/17 new regulatory requirements were handed to EFL Clubs regarding Supporter Engagement and that the frequency of the Alliance meetings was in excess of the requirements.

The Club's thanks to all of those involved with the Alliance was recorded

Post season awards

DM said that after the last home game of the season two long standing fans had voiced their thoughts that the club had blocked fans from voting in the seasons end of season awards. DM said that he had explained that this was not correct but had promised to bring the matter to the attention of the Alliance.

All members groups were asked to consult their membership on points like:

Do member groups wish to review the voting processes?
Should the awards be via separate awards evening or event?
Should there be fewer awards?
Should there be an Alliance award?

DM said he was aware this was a sensitive subject and there were some awards made by other parties outside the Alliance who made awards and would need to be consulted too.

All groups were asked to consult their members on this subject and report back on initial thoughts.

This will remain on the agenda until resolved.

Suggestion for Police spotters to attend the next Alliance meeting

This was agreed to be a good idea and if was also suggested that someone representing Stewards should also attend.

Accommodation for Alliance members at Huish Park

DM said this is to remain a standard item on the agenda until resolved as both the DSA and Glovers Trust were seeking to have a new presence at Huish Park next season. DM outlined that the Legal Director was on leave so there were no developments at this time, but there would be progress by the time of the next Alliance meeting.

Results of the Alliance to date

DM reminded that in the past it had been agreed that the Alliance should record it achievements to date via meeting minutes so that member organisations could more easily show the value of being involved. The current list of areas where the Alliance has positively influence change at YTFC is:

Alliance suggestion adopted by the club for lower price season tickets (and increase in age band from 21) for under 23s
Alliance suggestion adopted by the club for lower match prices for young persons & under16s
Subsidised travel to Checkatrade semi-final game
Ticket bundles for 2017/18 season to give fans some flexibility in purchasing tickets
Pop up tea bars deployed when needed to assist with queue times at half time
Extra marquee staff as due to licensing a speed bar implementation was not viable
Introduction of Match Day hotline for service or anti-social behaviour issues.
Revised wording of the Alliance Objectives, Terms & Conditions
Tab on website for the Alliance where updates and minutes of meetings can be viewed
Chased pot hole and repair programmes at Huish Park
Trial of relaxation of playing shirts ban in Alec Stock lounge.
Possible new screen signs behind Thatchers stand for next season.
In association with fan poll, chose the 2018/19 home shirt.
Consultation regarding 2018/19 match day programme.
Consultation regarding 2018/19 end of season awards.

AOB

Memorial

RN suggested to the group a memorial wall to be in place, in addition to the roundabout. Initially for the Club to dedicate to Bruce James. Group agreed, DM to follow up with the Club.

SLO Role

KB explained that the Club need to recruit a Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) and it is suggested that it comes from a member of the Alliance rather than internally at the Club. KB to create a role description to be circulated for feedback and to be discussed at the next meeting.

Kit Sponsorship

SS recommended that the price and the package of the kit sponsorship is reviewed as the package did not appear to be good value in comparison to what other clubs offered. Dave Linney to be notified and asked if he can attend next meeting.

Player Appearances

It was mentioned that although the club and Community Sports Trust did a lot of work in the community this was not always well known by fans, particularly in relation to YTCST work. It was agreed that the Club needed to improve the information given to supporters on YTFC in the Community and the excellent work that the Community Trust do.

Expert Volunteers

DM reminded that previously he had asked for nominations for from each group for professional volunteer fans who could work with the different off the field sections from the club. So far only 2 nominations had been made. DM said that it was important that a the group makes a decision on the persons recommended to the club occurs no later than the June Alliance meeting and reminded all group therefore that if there were any additional recommendations they needed to be made before the June Alliance meeting.

Catering

RR led a discussion on catering at the Club. He explained that DM was doing a good job at working to improve the service and facilities at the club and that RR and DM were part of a small catering group designed to help improve services.

Although this group had managed to get some improvements RR was disappointed that basic issues were recurring such as no milk in the Screwfix stand at the last match. A fan had also been told at 2.45 that no Burgers were available until half time. In addition:

The Alliance request to open the bar/Club for key world cup matches had been rejected unless a significant upfront payment was made.

Although there had been some improvements in the marquee, it remained in his view to be a sub-standard facility. RR said he would continue to push for supporter facilities at first floor level but highlighted that although fans had to use the marquee for now, simple measure to improve matters in the marquee service, such as speed bar had been blocked to date, even though they were common place at nearly every away club visited.

RR highlighted that aside from customer service all of the above issues meant the club was losing out on money.

RR said that in his view the catering section of the club remained poor. This being the case if he did not receive a more proactive approach by October he would withdraw from the catering group.

Wembley press story

TB asked about the recent press stories on the EFL's views on the potential sale of Wembley and what advantage this would have on EFL Clubs, as the stories mentioned YTFC. DM confirmed that the club have supplied the EFL with ideas on how the club could use substantial EFL or FA funding to realise community projects like a new Community stand and fibre pitch (a type of pitch which could mean more Ladies and community games could be hosted at Huish Park).

Legal briefing

DM reminded that the Alliance had requested a chance to meet with the club Legal Director. DM confirmed the Director concerned is on leave and therefore he would be invited to a future meeting

First team manager comments

Darren Way joined the meeting and outlined his vision for next season and underlined how fan support was vital for the club. Mr Way explained that it seemed as if many EFL clubs were finding the current economic conditions tough and Yeovil was doing comparatively well on and off the field. DW finished the meeting by thanking the Alliance and all fans for their support.

Actions

KB - Meetings for the year to be circulated (see below).
AL - Programme poll to be created online and supporter groups to ask their members to vote.
JH to add written report on stadium matters to these minutes.
KB Supporter Engagement Regulation to be attached to these minutes.
Group - Feedback on the end of season award process to be obtained from members and fed back at the next meeting.
JH to advertise and promote community cleaning day, and for groups to advertise.
DM to request the attendance of Police spotters and a stewarding representative at the next meeting.
DM to send T&Cs for presence at match days to each group.
DM to liaise with JH regarding the memorial/plaque suggestion.
KB - circulate draft role description for the SLO role
DM to discuss with DL kit sponsorship and player appearances on the match day.
Group to feed in nominations for individuals who are willing to help at the Club.

Next Meeting

It was agreed that the Supporter Alliance meetings will be held on the second Wednesday in a month. Start times to be agreed.

Next 12 months:
13th June 3.00pm
10th July 11.00am (NB this is a Tuesday meeting has been moved to avoid a YTFC home friendly on the Wednesday)
8th August
12th September
10th October
14th November
12th December
9th January
13th February
13th March
10th April
8th May


Back to Top of Page

Other Entries In The Supporters Alliance Group Section.
Date Title Author Link
10/12/2018 Supporter Alliance Meeting : Tuesday 10th December 2018 Supporters Alliance Link
21/11/2018 Supporter Alliance Meeting : Wednesday 21st November 2018 YTFC Link
13/11/2018 Supporter Alliance Meeting : Tuesday 13th November 2018 Supporters Alliance Link
10/10/2018 Supporter Alliance Meeting : Wednesday 10th October 2018 YTFC Link
16/05/2018 Supporter Alliance Meeting : Wednesday 16th May 2018 YTFC Link
18/04/2018 Supporter Alliance Meeting : Wednesday 18th April 2018 YTFC Link
21/03/2018 Supporter Alliance Meeting : Wednesday 21st March 2018 YTFC Link
Other Entries By YTFC.
DateTitleAuthorLink
1/4/2019Skiverton named Academy Head of CoachingYTFCLink
1/2/2019Club statement On December Supporters Alliance MeetingYTFCLink
11/21/2018Supporter Alliance Meeting : Wednesday 21st November 2018YTFCLink
11/20/2018Way signs contract extension at Huish ParkYTFCLink
10/10/2018Supporter Alliance Meeting : Wednesday 10th October 2018YTFCLink
8/16/2018Harrison confirmed as Academy ManagerYTFCLink
5/16/2018Supporter Alliance Meeting : Wednesday 16th May 2018YTFCLink
4/18/2018Supporter Alliance Meeting : Wednesday 18th April 2018YTFCLink
3/21/2018Supporter Alliance Meeting : Wednesday 21st March 2018YTFCLink
12/21/2017Insight 63 BriefingYTFCLink
12/11/2017Rumoured TakeoverYTFCLink
10/12/2017Club engage with Insight 63 LtdYTFCLink
5/10/2017Club Vote On Future Of EFL TrophyYTFCLink
4/5/2017Glovers Chairman Warns On Club LossesYTFCLink
4/17/2016Preview Plans To Develop Huish Park StadiumYTFCLink
4/14/2016Darren's Winning Way Is Helping To Cut Town's LossesYTFCLink
10/27/2015Glovers Chairman Replies To The CriticsYTFCLink
8/4/2015Stadium Complex Planning ApplicationYTFCLink
3/31/2015Next Season's Prices To Be Announced ShortlyYTFCLink
3/31/2015Glovers Profits Up, But There's A Challenge Ahead - ChairmanYTFCLink
3/31/2015Supporters In Face To Face With Club BossesYTFCLink
3/18/2015Chairman's Message To SupportersYTFCLink
1/14/2015Planning Public Consultation AnnouncedYTFCLink
10/14/2014'Stay Calm' Says ChairmanYTFCLink
6/3/2014Club Withdraw Planning ApplicationYTFCLink
4/19/2014Gary And John In Rallying CallYTFCLink
4/17/2014Club Statement (Asda Supermarket Group)YTFCLink
3/26/2014Development Petition Tops 1100YTFCLink
3/25/2014Fry - Please Sign Our PetitionYTFCLink
3/22/2014Show Your SupportYTFCLink
3/17/2014Captains Of Industry Show Their SupportYTFCLink
3/4/2014Fry's Q and A DocumentYTFCLink
2/25/2014Work On New 3G Pitch BeginsYTFCLink
2/25/2014Club Deny Mitchell TalksYTFCLink
2/25/2014Development Details For CouncillorsYTFCLink
2/16/20142014-15 Season Tickets AnnouncedYTFCLink
2/4/2014Club To Submit PlansYTFCLink
8/7/2013Restructuring At Huish ParkYTFCLink
3/24/2012Your Club Needs You!YTFCLink
3/2/2012Huish Park Development StatementYTFCLink
12/1/2011Development Plans Update - Dec 1stYTFCLink
11/24/2011Development Plans UpdateYTFCLink
10/25/2011Blue Sky Over Huish ParkYTFCLink
3/25/2011Supporter Communication PlansYTFCLink
3/21/2011YTFC Plan Major New DevelopmentsYTFCLink
12/23/2010Club Announce Small ProfitYTFCLink
6/3/2010Club Announces Restructuring ProposalYTFCLink
4/22/2010Supporters Ideas Discussed By SLG : Devon Fan's 36 IdeasYTFCLink
4/12/2010Club Posts LossYTFCLink
3/1/2010Supporters Liaison Group Report : Meeting No. 1YTFCLink
10/29/2009Hayward Joins The BoardYTFCLink
8/28/2009New Supporters' Liaison Group LaunchedYTFCLink
5/10/2009Club Announce Profit For Year Ended June 2008YTFCLink
2/26/2009Achieve By Unity Fans Partnership Meeting Minutes No. 8YTFCLink
2/18/2009Achieve By Unity Fans Partnership : Extraordinary MeetingYTFCLink
1/22/2009Achieve By Unity Fans Partnership Meeting Minutes No. 7YTFCLink
10/16/2008Fry Issues "Hands Off" WarningYTFCLink
10/2/2008Achieve By Unity Fans Partnership Meeting Minutes No. 6YTFCLink
8/4/20082008-09 Achieve By Unity Fans Partnership Meeting Supporters Representatives ProfilesYTFCLink
7/9/2008Achieve By Unity Fans Partnership Meeting Minutes No. 5YTFCLink
6/7/2008Starnes Answers Mildenhall CommentsYTFCLink
4/3/2008Achieve By Unity Fans Partnership Meeting Minutes No. 4YTFCLink
1/17/2008Achieve by Unity Fans Partnership Meeting Minutes No. 3YTFCLink
12/12/2007New Chief Executive At Huish ParkYTFCLink
11/22/2007Achieve By Unity Fans Partnership Meeting Minutes No. 2YTFCLink
10/19/2007The Achieve By Unity Fans Partnership MeetingYTFCLink
10/18/2007Achieve By Unity Fans Partnership Meeting Minutes No. 1YTFCLink
2/16/2007Official Club Statement - Disabled Supporters AssociationYTFCLink
2/9/2007February Customer Charter MeetingYTFCLink
3/30/2006Two New Directors Join The BoardYTFCLink
3/30/2006John Fry Clarifies Press CommentsYTFCLink
contact ciderspace:ytfcciderspace@yahoo.com
© Ciderspace 2006-2010
Last Updated : 3rd June 2012
design by siteshape
Top